The prevention of injury and illness at work is the company’s foremost objective. We promote and protect the health and well-being of our employees and effectively manage illness and injury.
This core policy aligns with the company core value: Safety
- Safety is an uncompromised right and the responsibility of every employee;
- Leaders are held accountable for the safety of their employees;
- We insist upon safe work practices at all times by all employees;
- Each supervisor makes safety of all employees an integral part of their regular function;
- Employees are to be effectively trained in their area, with the primary focus on working safely;
- It is a requirement of employment that each employee accept and follow established safety regulations and procedures and to report any unsafe activity;
- If an employee is in doubt about how to do a job or task safely, it is their duty to ask a qualified person for assistance;
- Employees are required to assist in all accident prevention activities;
- All employees are responsible for their housekeeping duties to ensure a safe work place;
- All unsafe conditions are reported immediately; and
- Every injury that occurs on the job, even slight cuts or strains must be reported as soon as possible. Except in emergencies, no employee should leave the work site before reporting any injury.