An avalanche warning was issued Thursday for Vancouver Island’s backcountry and B.C.’s South Coast as more snow is on the way. It will remain in effect until end of day Sunday, Feb 24. More details available here.
- Where available, access opportunities to Island Timberlands private forest lands are for individuals and small groups in designated locations on weekends only. Please refer to the Gate Access Information (right) for details.
- To ensure public safety and the protection of the forest, all unauthorized access to Island Timberlands forest land is prohibited. Please respect signs and gates.
- Overnight stays are not permitted.
- It is unlawful to cut wood on Island Timberlands private forest land outside of designated areas. If you encounter a tree across the road, please report it via the comments area on this website. Cutting a downed tree outside of a designated area may result in charges.
- Access is at your own risk. Access opportunities will change based on operational and weather conditions, and may be restricted to ensure the safety of the public, our employees and contractors, protection of the environment, and the security of assets.
Island Timberlands supports access opportunities that are compatible with our forest management policies. We work with organized groups and clubs who are advocates for responsible access to Island Timberlands’ private forest lands. For us, responsible access means reduced risk of wildfire, safety incidents’, vandalism and dumping.
Island Timberlands has access agreements with two ATV clubs on Vancouver Island:
- The Comox Valley ATV Club, Contact Oliver by email: email@example.com
- The Mid-Island ATV Club, Contact Brad by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
These agreements allow for legal and authorized access while promoting safety and respectful use of our private lands. We hope these agreements help build co-operation with ATV club enthusiasts and provide opportunities for those wishing to ride on Island Timberlands’ roads. *Non-club members on ATV’s are not permitted on Island Timberlands’ roads or property
Island Timberlands has an access agreement with the North Island Snow Mobile Club (NISC). The NISC has authorized access to designated roads in our Oyster River Operation. For information contact: North Island Snow Mobile Club, Loren Tabish; 250-287-3505 Email:email@example.com. *Non-club members on snow mobiles are not permitted on Island Timberlands’ roads or property
Comox Strathcona Waste Management (CSWM) has launched a program aimed at preventing illegal dumping across the region. This new program includes a public education and awareness campaign and a new illegal dumping bylaw. For more information visit:www.cswm.ca/illegaldumping
Unauthorized access is not tolerated. Unless authorized, ATV’s and snow mobiles are not permitted on Island Timberlands property. Campfires, camping, and off-roading are not permitted. Please respect the environment and keep your vehicles on the main roads at all times.
Don’t let a few ruin access for everyone! If you see suspicious activities on our lands you can report them. Please do not put yourself in an unsafe situation. Contact Safety Net Security 250-830-8343, or connect with us through the Contact Us link on our website.
Please Report Poachers and Polluters!
Conservation Officer 24 Hour Hotline 1-877-952-RAPP (7277)
|Gate Access Point||Status||Hours|
|Yellow Creek Main and Copp Main||Closed||Closed|
|Cameron @ 0km||Open||8am-4pm Weekends Only|
|Cameron Connector - Access to Mt. Arrowsmith and Labour Day Lake||Open||8am-4pm Weekends Only|
|Horne Lake North 100||Closed||Closed|
|Ash Main at 22km - Access to Lowry Lake & Scout Beach||Open||8am-4pm Weekends Only|
|Ash 494||Open||8am-4pm Weekends Only|
|Ash Main at 28.6km||Open||8am-4pm Weekends Only|
|Turtle Lake Main||Open||8am-4pm Daily|
|Comox Main @ Beaver Cr Rd||Open||8am-4pm Weekends Only|
|Northwest Bay||Open||8am-4pm Weekends Only|
|Nanaimo River Camp||Closed||Closed|
Alberni Inlet Trail Stage 1: Due to road construction and harvesting operations in the area, the Alberni Inlet Trail Stage 1 (from the first Viewpoint at Ship Creek trail head to Evacuation Point E3 near China Creek dry land sort ) will be closed weekdays through March 31, 2019. Please follow signage and directions.
Alberni Inlet Trail Stage 2: Due to harvesting operations in the area, the Alberni Inlet Trail Stage 2 is closed weekdays 8am-4:30pm from the Underwood Cove south to Evacuation Point E6 from Feb 19 to Feb 28th. The trail will continue to be open weekends. Please follow signage and directions.