Due to the dry weather conditions and related increase in the fire danger rating, firewood cutting opportunities are not currently available on Island Timberlands private forest lands. For information about the fire danger rating, visit the BC Wildfire Service website.
When firewood permits are available on Island Timberlands private forest lands, the following are required safety equipment:
- Chainsaw pants
- Sturdy work boots
- Eye and Ear protection
Random onsite checks are made for permits and safety equipment. If you do not have a permit or the required safety equipment, your firewood may be confiscated and you will be asked to leave the property. Non-compliance may result in further penalties and restrictions. You must carry your valid permit with you at all times.
- The Permit Holder freely accepts and fully assumes all risks of injury, dangers, hazards and damages that the Permit Holder may suffer by entering Island Timberlands land. Island Timberlands has no liability to the Permit Holder for these assumed risks.
- The Permit Holder waives any and all claims that the Permit Holder has or may have in the future against Island Timberlands and its directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the "Releasees") and releases the Releasees from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury including death that the Permit Holder may suffer, or the Permit Holder's next of kin my suffer resulting from or arising out of entering Island Timberlands land due to any cause whatsoever, including negligence.
- The Permit Holder and any persons accompanying the Permit Holder shall indemnify and save harmless, Island Timberlands from and against and losses, damages, claims, demands, suits, actions arising from or resulting out of the entering of Island Timberlands lands.
- The Permit Holder agrees to comply with the relevant legislation, posted signs and Island Timberlands policies while on Island Timberlands lands. The Permit Holder may be require to follow special conditions when traveling on Island Timberlands roads. It is the Permit Holders responsibility to become aware of these conditions.
- The Permit Holder agrees to comply with all relevant forestry and environmental legislation including, but not limited to, keeping ditches free of material and removing personal litter.
- This permit is for own use and bust be carried when cutting or transporting material. Materials may not be sold or traded.
- The Permit Holder and any person accompanying the Permit Holder must follow safe work practices and use appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Material may only be cut in the designated area. Only non-merchantable wood may be cut and removed. Do not cut any standing or wind blown trees.
- This permit is subject to cancellation at any time.