There will be random checks for permits and safety equipment. If you do not have a permit or adequate safety equipment your firewood may be confiscated, and you will be asked to leave the property. Non-compliance may result in further penalties and restrictions. You must carry your valid permit with you at all times!
Safety equipment requirements:
- chainsaw pants
- sturdy work boots
- eye and ear protection
There have been incidents of people cutting firewood in unauthorized areas. These areas may be allocated for commercial firewood cutters and the public is not permitted to cut firewood in these areas. Please be respectful of commercial firewood cutters and only cut firewood in permitted areas.
|Location||Permit Sales||Gate Status|
Roger’s Creek 4 (RC4)
|0.6km before the Coombs Candy Store. Contacts for permits: Jack 250-723-5851; Ron 250-720-8922; Dan 250-735-6093; Chad 250-720-8922; Bob 250-723-9727. Permits also available at the Port Alberni Visitors Center||Open 8am-4pm Weekends Only|
Franklin River Rd
Anderson Ave to Franklin River Road. Take your first left
|Port Alberni Visitors Center (Mon-Sat 9am-5pm)||Open 8am-4pm Weekends Only|
155@6km and left on 155-63
West off Hwy19 at Northwest Bay, 6km up 155Main on the main line and left up 155-63
|Parksville Visitors Center(Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)||Open 8am-4pm Weekends Only|
- The Permit Holder freely accepts and fully assumes all risks of injury, dangers, hazards and damages that the Permit Holder may suffer by entering Island Timberlands land. Island Timberlands has no liability to the Permit Holder for these assumed risks.
- The Permit Holder waives any and all claims that the Permit Holder has or may have in the future against Island Timberlands and its directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the "Releasees") and releases the Releasees from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury including death that the Permit Holder may suffer, or the Permit Holder's next of kin my suffer resulting from or arising out of entering Island Timberlands land due to any cause whatsoever, including negligence.
- The Permit Holder and any persons accompanying the Permit Holder shall indemnify and save harmless, Island Timberlands from and against and losses, damages, claims, demands, suits, actions arising from or resulting out of the entering of Island Timberlands lands.
- The Permit Holder agrees to comply with the relevant legislation, posted signs and Island Timberlands policies while on Island Timberlands lands. The Permit Holder may be require to follow special conditions when traveling on Island Timberlands roads. It is the Permit Holders responsibility to become aware of these conditions.
- The Permit Holder agrees to comply with all relevant forestry and environmental legislation including, but not limited to, keeping ditches free of material and removing personal litter.
- This permit is for own use and bust be carried when cutting or transporting material. Materials may not be sold or traded.
- The Permit Holder and any person accompanying the Permit Holder must follow safe work practices and use appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Material may only be cut in the designated area. Only non-merchantable wood may be cut and removed. Do not cut any standing or wind blown trees.
- This permit is subject to cancellation at any time.