Great News! The latest information about Island Timberlands and TimberWest firewood cutting opportunities is now available at https://www.mosaicforests.com/firewoodcutting
Please visit the Firewood page on the Mosaic website for the latest information about firewood cutting opportunities.
This Island Timberlands webpage will no longer be updated after Wednesday September 11, 2019.
Firewood Permit Terms & Conditions
- The Permit Holder freely accepts and fully assumes all risks of injury, dangers, hazards and damages that the Permit Holder may suffer by entering Island Timberlands land. Island Timberlands has no liability to the Permit Holder for these assumed risks.
- The Permit Holder waives any and all claims that the Permit Holder has or may have in the future against Island Timberlands and its directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the "Releasees") and releases the Releasees from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury including death that the Permit Holder may suffer, or the Permit Holder's next of kin my suffer resulting from or arising out of entering Island Timberlands land due to any cause whatsoever, including negligence.
- The Permit Holder and any persons accompanying the Permit Holder shall indemnify and save harmless, Island Timberlands from and against and losses, damages, claims, demands, suits, actions arising from or resulting out of the entering of Island Timberlands lands.
- The Permit Holder agrees to comply with the relevant legislation, posted signs and Island Timberlands policies while on Island Timberlands lands. The Permit Holder may be require to follow special conditions when traveling on Island Timberlands roads. It is the Permit Holders responsibility to become aware of these conditions.
- The Permit Holder agrees to comply with all relevant forestry and environmental legislation including, but not limited to, keeping ditches free of material and removing personal litter.
- This permit is for own use and bust be carried when cutting or transporting material. Materials may not be sold or traded.
- The Permit Holder and any person accompanying the Permit Holder must follow safe work practices and use appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Material may only be cut in the designated area. Only non-merchantable wood may be cut and removed. Do not cut any standing or wind blown trees.
- This permit is subject to cancellation at any time.